Saturday, July 30, 2005

Mr. "Stunt Baby"


Our "Godson" decided to test the irrefutable laws of gravity the other day and took a tumble off of some kind of a play structure. Now when I was a wee lad we didn't have anything that remotely resembled a play structure we had slides, see-saws, merry-go-rounds. When someone said "lets go play on the slide" we knew what it meant and what life threatening dangers were associated with it. These days when someone says "lets go outside and get on the play structure" I don't know whether to give my kids a swim suit, a sandwich or their bike, no wonder our kids are so damn confused, it's our fault.
Well, at 18 months "Mr. Godson Stunt Baby" has ended up in a cast. Nothing quite like a toddler running around with a cast, bouncing it off of walls, doors and various pets skulls.
I was adding my John Hancock to this orthopedic work of art when I thought to myself casts would be a great way of advertising just about anything. A walking talking billboard, a very short term advertising commitment and most casts are off in 4-6 weeks plus if the kid is real clumsy he'll be back in one in no time at all and you can re-launch you add campaign at a reduced rate.
I negotiated with my godson and structured deal. We erased everyone else's signature and he's now pimping for "Fricks World" the whole add campaign cost me a dozen Pepperidge Farms goldfish.

No comments: