Monday, June 19, 2006

You Learn Something New Everyday



Critics: Hidden Fat In Starbucks Products Consumers Not Warned About High Fat And Calorie Content

(CBS) A consumer health group says Starbucks may be contributing to an obesity epidemic in America. The center for Science in the Public Interest plans a campaign to criticize the coffee chain for its high calorie, high fat products. Consumer health groups say they haven'’t ruled out taking the chain to court. Critics want Starbuck to list nutritional information on its menus. Starbucks says it'’s working on lower fat options for consumers. (© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.) "LINK"

Now who in the hell thought that this stuff wasn't fattening?
In case you are a totla dolt here are a few clues:
"It tastes good" How much stuff that tastes good is healthy for you? None.
"They don't already list the nutritional contents" Any company that makes healthy stuff wants you to know it and they proudly post it all around their establishment.
"They have a drive thru window" How many healthy restaurants do you know that have a drive thru?
"They have big comfortable chairs to sit in" Yeah they want you to be so comfortable that you think nothing of ordering another Frapppuccino.
I am so glad that the Center for Science in the Public Interest is watching out for my weight, but I'm a big boy and I can take ownership for what I put in my mouth. Plus I have "The Wife" to keep me on the straight and narrow. The only ones that will win on this one is the lawyers.

No comments: