Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Life Tip

In the past I have done a series of "Travel Tips" just little bits of information that might help fellow road warriors as they try to maintain sanity on the road. I am now considering a series of "Life Tips" after a Saturday night trip to "Walmart". Now I am one of the few that will admit to enjoying a trip to Walmart. But here comes the tip "No Walmart on a Saturday night".

"The Wife" and I had to return a brand new $14.00 blender that refused to work. I even did the typical male troubleshooting maneuvers such as smacking it with the palm of my hand followed by dropping it onto the counter from a height of 5 inches, still "No Workie". Oh Yeah, I wasn't returning it for the $14.00 I was returning it for the principle of it, yeah right....
Now the Customer Service department is where my Walmart experience begins to tank. There is a line and I mean a line, snaking its way through the department. There are kids running, screaming, crying and bouncing off the walls. There are carts everywhere, carts stacked with perishable items, carts stacked with returned Easter baskets (now this was the night before Easter so I have no idea why).

Now to top all this off along the wall is safety recall bulletin board. The bulletin board where they post the recall notices stating that the high chair you bought 6 months might suddenly burst into flames.

Those somewhat important notices that might have an impact on the health and wellbeing of you or your family. Well due to all of the carts there was no was way that anyone could get within 10 feet of the recall board. I'm sure there's some important information on the board but I sure as hell couldn't get close enough to find out.

So the first Frick's World life tip is:
Stay away from Walmart's Customer Service department on Saturday nights.

No comments: