Friday, April 14, 2006

It's New, It's Free

"CB" told me about "AirSet" and their on-line calendar. I've been using it for the last few days and it's not bad, and it's free. The calendars are sharable so I don't have to constantly print my schedule out for "The Wife" and it syncs with Outlook.
You can have text messages sent to your phone each evening that displays your appointments for the next day, there's also a RSS feed for your calendar.
I do like the group feature. You can create a calendar group add members and have a collaborative on line calendar for free.
I'm having a hard time figuring out the business model since the site is not littered with ads. I imagine that either the cell providers are paying them an over-ride for the text messages or there's a second phase involving software that interface with your cell phone that the cell providers will sell. The business model has to be focused around the cell phone Hmmmmmmmm.
(UPDATE watch the demo and they review the business model, a basic review, but a review)
I'm still using "Rainlendar" for my desktop calendar which is also free and also syncs with Outlook and is also worth a try.

No comments: