Saturday, April 08, 2006

DIY Saturday Afternoon

Last week "The Wife" and I installed our new island counter top and then this week the boys from Lowes installed the remaining counter tops. They installed all of it, all of it except for the faucet and drains. Yeah I'm just as surprised about that as you are but it's true that these guys don't install the faucet. When I found out this little tid-bit of information I started to become un-glued but then "The Wife" told me to take it easy because the lady at Lowes said it only takes a few minutes. A few minutes my ass, possibly a few minutes if your house isn't 30 years and old laden with rotted drain pipes, odd sized pipes and seized fittings. Well 3 hours later and 4 trips to the hardware store we have flowing and draining water at Fricks World and I believe that "The Wife" is happy.

No comments: