Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bento Frick's World Style

One of the nerdy sites that I frequent is "Bento Lunches" if for no other reason than to hear "The Wife" moan about any parent that would take this much time to prepare their kids lunch apparently has no life.
If you have never heard of Bento Wikipedia sums it up best:
Bentō is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal common in Japanese cuisine. A traditional bento consists of rice, fish or meat, and one or more pickled or cooked vegetables as a side dish.
As you can see by the picture it's very nice, neat, well organized and compact. People that eat Bento claim that it's a great way to control their weight. No duh it's gotta be hard to cram more than a couple hundred calories into a 2" by 2" box.
I have been known to partake in Bento lunches except I pack a "Mr Bento" because I need to feed the machine and 200 calories is not going to do it.

OK, I told you all that stuff so I could now tell you the following stuff.

After hearing "The Wife" tell me that making Bento lunches just isn't practical and no one is going appreciate all the hard work I decided to pack her an appropriate Bento .



4 Hershey Kisses and a Hershey Dark Chocolate Mini-Bar

No comments: