Sunday, April 10, 2005

DIY In The Neighborhood



The homes in the Frick's World neighborhood are 25-30 years old. From the outside most of the homes have kept up with the times, replacing driveways as needed, replacing septic fields when needed (don't ask), removing dead trees & re-roofing when called for. In other words the neighborhood doesn't look a 1/4 of a century old. One of the houses down the street has been up for sale, so a few weeks ago and being the concerned neighbor that I am, walked down to look through the windows just to make sure no crack addicts had moved in. What I saw was amazing, the carpet was turquoise, I thought that I saw some tiger or lion print wallpaper and a wet bar (remember those). This house must have been the bomb back in 1975 a total love nest. Well I told you that story so that I could tell you this one. Coming home from church this morning we decided to take a tour of the neighborhood, and what do I see in front of that house but an avocado toilet circa 1970 and the best part is that somebody replaced the toilet seat along the way and for whatever reason they could not find an avocado one and had to settle for white. I wonder what color the countertops are?

No comments: