Friday, April 22, 2005

Another Friday In Raleigh


Here I sit as I did last month, in the Raleigh Durham Airport. My 6:10 pm flight has now been pushed back to 8:30 pm, well at least its better sit in the terminal than be stuck on the tarmac inside an airplane. This has given me time to cruise the airport. Airports stores are really amazing, there’s a Brooks Brothers here, and I wonder how many $375.00 blazers they sell each day? The RDU airport has a great used book store, as I was browsing I noticed under the “Self Help” section a book titled “How To Make Love To A Women” in the “Self Help” section. I was going to suggest to the cashier that book may be better served in another section, but I didn’t want to come off looking like a total pervert.

I stayed at a Hampton Inn last night and I guess they have rolled out a new marketing campaign and I guess one portion of this campaign is focused on the bathroom grooming supplies. You now get a shower cap (they missed the target market with this bald guy), a nice tin of mints, shampoo, mouthwash, shower gel, lotion & conditioner (you know the kind of stuff your kids want you to bring home to them).The shampoo, mouthwash, shower gel, lotion & conditioner are all stored in these clear slick looking plastic bottles with nice blue writing on the side describing what’s contained inside. The shampoo, shower gel & mouthwash are blue which kind of blends in with the nice blue writing on the bottle, well you can only guess what happened to me. Last evening after my nightly oral hygiene routine I decided to finish it off with a little breath freshening mouthwash. I blindly reach over a grab one of my clear slick looking counter top bottles pop the top and then to my surprise I find that I had grabbed the shower gel bottle instead of the mouthwash. I was then standing in the hotel bathroom looking like a “Lawrence Welk” reject with bubbles wafting out of my mouth and a stunned look on my face.
Hey another gripe that I have about hotel bathroom (in case you were wondering) is why do they install the towel rack over the toilet? I can’t tell you how many bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths that I have accidentally dunked into the toilet trying to grab something off these damn racks.

It's late (11:57 pm)and I'm back in the ATL. Delta gave me something new this evening a sub-upgrade. A sub-upgrade is when they can't bump you up to first class so they seat you on an exit row............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on Dentist Wakefield ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to biking and Dentist Wakefield with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...www.sanford-dds.com