Friday, June 18, 2004

My Numbers Up

My race number is here 769. I have a feeling that will be how many beats per minute my heart will be going when i am finished running/walking/limping the course. I am surprised that it doesn't say "do not resuscitate" underneath the number.
The birthday tri-fecta week is over, I hope that the family remembers father's day is only 2 days away and i have yet to see any UPS trucks in the driveway.

I have been trying out Anagram. Cool little piece of software for Outlook. It lets you take e-mails that have times for meeting etc.... and convert them into an Outlook calendar entry. It is also compatible with Palm Desktop.

Here is a small snipet from the new issue of Fast Company
The Corporate Shrink
Email addicts and the people who love them; life at the bottom of the food chain.


From: Issue 84 | July 2004, Page 42 By: Dr. Kerry J. Sulkowicz Illustrations by: Michael Kupperman
We all know that email is overused in the workplace, but I think I'm truly addicted. Wireless email pushed me over the edge. My wife gets upset when I check my BlackBerry over dinner and has threatened to toss out my device. I know she's right, but I can't help myself.


I feel sorry for your wife. Perhaps she should get a wireless device, and the two of you can email each other across the table. The Corporate Shrink

I don't know if the above hits home with any of you out there, but i'm putting it on the table anyway.




No comments: