Wednesday, December 06, 2006

What I Did Over My Weekend Break

Every so often, like most American families, we clean out the refrigerator. Believe me it's a royal pain in the ass. We start by pulling out the stuff that's at the front of the shelves. These delicious culinary delights are at most a couple of weeks old and not all that scary, but as we migrate our way towards the back our gag reflexes start to kick in.
Take for example this petri dish reject from the freezer, you see the date, can you see the freaking date "6/22/2005" and guess what Ground Turkey was only $1.99 per pound. This tells me it that it's been at least again at least 18 months since we last cleaned out this beast.As we're busy throwing out a $100.00 worth of old food I notice that we have 15 bottles of salad dressing. Now "H" refuses to eat anything that's both green and leafy so he doesn't need any salad dressing. I only use "Lite Done Right Italian" so that leaves 14 bottles between "Goose" and "The Wife".
Like I said Every so often, like most American families, we clean out the refrigerator I guess in our case it's not often enough.

No comments: