Friday, March 04, 2005

I Think I'm Working At A Subway

I work in one of my companies regional office. Maybe I should say that I have an office inside one of my companies regional offices, because I am very rarely there. Anyway about a year and a half ago my company decided to consolidate it's distribution to only 3 regional offices, meaning we were going to be staying in a 80,000 sq. ft. building with the remaining people only using 8,000 sq. ft. of the space. Since we owned the building (which is actually a really cool looking building), someone at corporate decide to sell the building to someone who could use the 70,000 sq. ft. warehouse/manufacturing portion and lease the office space back to us. We sold the building to a bakery, who for the last 12 months has been re-designing the warehouse for you guessed it baking.
Since the bakery has taken so long to actually produce any baked goods we were beginning to think that they were stockpiling arms for some third world country. Anyway after being away from the office for the last few weeks I walked in this morning and all I could smell was baking bread, I mean it smelt like a freaking Subway restaurant, by 9:30 this morning we were all hungry.
We ate lunch at 10:30 this morning, now if we could only find some way to snag some samples.

No comments: