Monday, March 07, 2005

4 trees for the price of 3????

Today was timber clearing day at Fricks World.
The power company dropped our power lines as scheduled. The lumberjacks did not hit the house with any trees, as a matter of fact the trees came no where close to where the power lines were hanging, but they did drop one of the trees on top of our last remaining Bradford Pear Tree. Split the sucker clean in half. The wife hated that tree. I am thinking in the back of my little mind that she probably slipped them any extra $20.00 to get them to crush it since I wasn't at home.
I loved that tree, 25' tall and beautiful in the spring and fall. The phone call I got from home after the lumberjacks left was: "Now with the bradford pear tree gone you can see the roof, and the shingles are all dis-colored. The next project will be to replace the roof."
It looks like the "FREE" bradford pear tree removal is going to cost me a few thousand dollars. I think it would have been cheaper to have let the lumberjacks take out the power lines.

No comments: