Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Dinner


Easter as with all holidays at Frick's World centers around food. Planning the meals, buying the raw goods (just like on the prairie), preparing the meal and then finally cleaning up the mess. That's all fine and good, we enjoy cooking and eating.
This afternoon "The Wife" baked a 3 layer carrot cake. I walked into the kitchen just in time to see her applying the frosting. I say applying because she had 2 cans of frosting and what looked like a brick layers trowel, this was a major frosting under-taking.
I picked up one of the cans of frosting, and being the health conscious 40 years old that I am, read the calorie count; 1540 calories per can. OK the frosting totals 3080 calories, well being obsessive compulsive as I am, I rummage in the trash for the cake mix box.
The cake totals 3240 calories. Being the math wiz that I am I add all this together and come up with the total calories for the cake 6320. That's like a 1000 extra miles on the treadmill.
Right now I am filing a motion to throw dinner out and eat just the cake. After all I am the adult (sort of), this is my house and I make the rules. Opps sorry WE make the rules.

No comments: