We made a big ol' pot of "Frogmore Stew". No frogs were hurt during meal creation.
* 6 quarts water
* 3/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning TM
* 2 pounds new red potatoes
* 2 pounds hot smoked sausage links, cut into 2 inch pieces
* 12 ears corn - husked, cleaned and quartered
* 4 pounds large fresh shrimp, unpeeled
1. Bring water and Old Bay Seasoning to boil in a large stockpot.
2. Add potatoes and cook for 15 minutes. Add sausage and cook for 5 minutes more. Add corn and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink, about 5 minutes. Drain immediately and serve.
The beverage of choice was "Patriot Sangria". Due to the potency of the Sangria the are no pictures available.
* 1 Bottle of white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Airen, Albarino,Gewurztraminer, Viognier)
* 1/2 Cup peach brandy
* 1 cup blueberries
* 1 cup strawberries or raspberries (frozen are fine)
* 1/4 cup strong lemonade (can use orange juice in a pinch)
* 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Sugar (sweeten to taste)
Pour wine in a pitcher. Toss in the fruit and add sugar and brandy. Carefully stir until well blended. Chill overnight.
If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled white wine and serve over lots of ice.
"The Wife" took on all challengers that ventured into the horseshoe pit.
And "Goose" managed to find an opportunity to suck up to Mom, as usual.