Saturday, February 12, 2005

Traffic In Atlanta

As anyone who spends any time around Atlanta can tell you, Atlanta traffic sucks. I'm not talkin about vacuum cleaner sucks I'm talking about deep space six vortex sucks
Of course where you live I'm sure you think traffic sucks as well. The only place that is worse (in my opinion) is around Washington DC. These poor people leve the house 3 hours early to get to work.
The wife and I went out this afternoon for a little trip to Sam's Club. We needed to pick up 10lbs of cat litter, 72 ozs of Texas Pete Hot Sauce and a 3lb bag of Twizzlers, you know the staples of a good clean southern life. Anyway Sam's is around 15 minutes from the house. 45 minutes long later we are finally in the parking lot. As I was sitting through the forth cycle of the traffic light, waiting to get through the intersection I started thinking there has to be a better system. My first thought was we could use your license plate as an indicator as to what time you are allowed to drive. If you plate starts with an "A" or a "1", you can be on the road from 1:00 to 3:00. A "B" or a "2" from 2:00 to 4:00 and so on and so forth. The realized the were more letters in the alphabet that there were numbers on the clock, so I am nixxing that plan. A better plan is that all green lights last for 8 minutes. Now when the light turns red you have time to get out of your car and stretch, read a few pages of a book, eat a sandwich or turn around to yell at the kids without running your car into a ditch.
The second phase of the plan is to no longer allow left hand turns at the intersection. Left hand turns cause major traffic back ups and besides 3 right hand turns equal 1 left hand turn.

No comments: