Saturday, August 26, 2006

Is Goofy Next?

Well it seems this week that Disney has decided to fire Pluto as one of the nine dwarfs. Oh it wasn't Disney but the "International Organization Of Planet Dudes" that has put Pluto up on the block, I guess we are starting to have too many planets, or maybe there are cooler planets out there than Pluto, who knows. Now I see this impacting two major groups, the horoscope writers and 5th grade students. No longer when you scan the comic section of the newspaper looking for your horoscope will you be able to read "Don't run with scissors today because Pluto is in the moon of Uranus". Well there's not much I can offer you folks.
Next up, students. Back when I was a wee lad we learned to remember the planets with the following phrase: "My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas". That worked nine planets nine words, simple. Now with eight official planets we need a new phrase and I have come up with it "My Very Erotic Mistress Just Showed Up Naked". Granted it's a little rougher but times have changed and education has to keep up with the times, I'm just doing my part.

No comments: