Sunday, February 26, 2006

An Invitation To Get Screwed


I eat a bunch of meals on the road and a bunch of those meals are eaten alone in a hotel room with just the TV as my dining partner, but don't feel sorry for me, really, and I'm traveling alone I will occasionally eat fast food (Shhhhh, I can hear myself getting fat).
When doing the fast food thing I never go through the drive thru because it is an opportunity to get screwed. Those counter lizards can't get an order right to save their ass. Yeah, they can get you your food in less than the 60 seconds (like the consultants advise) but your always missing something. For example last night we went out to babysit for our God Children and decided to make a run for the border and grab some Taco Hell to eat while watching the kids. Now I do like Taco Hell, where else can you eat dinner for $4.00. The order was very simple 4 combo meals (2 with diet Pepsi and 2 with regular Pepsi) a spicy chicken burrito and some hot sauce, pretty simple. What did we get but 4 regular Pepsi's no chicken burito, no hot sauce and no napkins. I bet those consultants have even have a line item on the P&L for drive thru screwings. I can just imagine how much money a restaurant can save by shorting someone a spoon, straws napkins etc...... Most of the time we are home before we notice the discrepancy, Yea, I know it's part our fault for not checking our order before we leave but damn you would think some acne ridden 17 year old would be able to get something right since he is reading off of a monitor.

No comments: